2020 Mitel Super Formula Series | Season 2
Current Drivers Standings[ngg src=”galleries” ids=”15″ display=”basic_imagebrowser”]
And….your 2020 Season 2 Teams!
Current Team Standings
|Racing Point (BWT)||428||RWB_VFrancisco|
Driver Finishing Positions
|Driver Name||Wins||Podiums||Top 5||Top 10|
- This will be 20 races in the RWB league.
- Pre season registration will set the first 16 drivers. All other drivers will compete in the races as wildcard drivers.
- Races begin at 9:00pm Eastern Time. Driver meeting at 8:45 pm and qualifying begins at 8:50 for 10 minutes.
- We will live stream the races if possible, or do commentary after the fact.
- Mandatory drivers meetings/qualifying begins 15 minutes before the race start time. Drivers who miss the meeting time will be placed at the rear of the field, no exceptions.
- Weather: Check the schedule for information.
We will have 2 man teams, drawn at random. Championship team from Season One can stay together on their team, but only if both agree to stay together.
All teams have the option to remain in their teams, or elect to be drafted at the end of the season. Teams must agree to either stay together, or both will be put into the draft. The draft will be a random drawing of draft able drivers into open and available teams.
Wildcard drivers will fill open spaces of full time drivers who can’t make a race. They will earn points in the season. and it is possible that wildcard drivers can take valuable points from full time drivers, based on the finishing position(s) of wild card drivers. These drivers will not be placed on teams, and will run sponsors provided by the league administrators. They will not be able to earn team points towards the team championship.
Tuning will be allowed.
NO BOOST. SLIPSTREAM REAL. DAMAGE LIGHT. TRACK EDGE REAL
There will be a 5 lap mandatory tire compound of Medium and Soft tires for each dry race. Super Soft Tires will be optional.
Each team will use the SF-19 Honda or Toyota
All entries must have the approved RWB Racing placard with driver number on the front and both sides of the vehicle. These placards are/will be available from the host. The driver name is required to be on the rear wing, visible from behind the car.
Each team will need to have/create their own Livery for their team. No team will have the same team name. Example, there will be only one Ferrari team and one Red Bull and so on. Feel free to use livery’s from the GT Community.
Each team will field BOTH CARS for each race.
Points will be awarded for each driver in the team, and the total points for each team member will be added together for a total team score
*Please note that these rules can be updated as conditions require.
- It is the responsibility of the drivers to call out other drivers. Race officials do not have time to watch every car in every race through every corner to find infractions. That is up to the individual drivers to police themselves.
- Drivers have 12 hours to register a complaint for review. Those complaints need to be directed to the race coordinator (currently PresidioDog).
- Admins doing commentary can also notice infractions and submit them to the race coordinator. If the race coordinator is the subject of the inquiry, RWB Racing Admins will make the decision.
- PIT LANE
- Crossing pit lane under normal race conditions – 5 seconds
- Avoiding a collision or crossing under a spin – No Penalty
- When approaching pit lane, you must be out of the racing line if at all possible. Do not try to pit from the racing line, as you may come across the nose of a car trying to pass you.
- PUNTING/HITTING (contact with another car that causes that car to spin or leave the track, or causing another vehicle to collide with another vehicle).
- There are very little, if any, excuses for punting/hitting another car on the track. If you do, the driver should slow down as MUCH and as SAFELY as possible away from the racing line until the affected driver/drivers regain the position back., even if it puts you to the back of the field.
- The first infraction will not cost you a 20 second penalty (assuming you wait for the other driver to regain their position(s), each additional infraction will cost you 20 seconds. (to be reviewed by race officials). If on your first infraction, you do not wait, you will be assessed a 20 second penalty.
- Any race ending hit on the last lap of the race, that is for position, and is decided that it was on purpose, to gain a position, will be penalized with a 20 second penalty.
- Consistent punting/hitting, or driving reckless, will warrant a suspension of 1 race. This will be reviewed and decided upon only by RWB Racing admins, and not the stewards.
- If punting is a continued problem, you will be asked to resign from the series.
- DIVE BOMBING
- While late breaking is a race tactic, and useful under certain circumstances, it is to be used with absolute caution.
- Dive bombing is trying to overtake from more than 1 car length back. A penalty of 5 seconds will be issued if the stewards review the incident and find the driver was in violation.
- Missed breaking points should not be corrected by moving into the racing line, but off track to avoid ALL collisions, even if that means you going off track.
- The racer ahead must not be used as a brake or a guard rail, and will not be affected by your late breaking.
HOST: RWB_PresidioDog and RWB_VFrancisco
|Race #||Course||Date||Laps||Fuel||Tires||Race Time On Track||Miles|
|2||St Croix A||8-May||24||x3||x7||13:20||150|
|3||Autodrome Lago Maggiore GP II||29-May||37||x3||x7||11:30||99|
|4||Tokyo East Inner Loop (WET)||5-Jun||30||x3||x7||06:50 WET||108|
|7||Dragon Trail Seaside||10-Jul||45||x3||x7||10:00||81|
|8||Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps||17-JUL||31||x3||x7||12:00||115|
|9||Fuji GT (Short)||24-Jul||45||x3||x7||12:00||80|
|10||Red Bull Ring (WET)||31-Jul||40||x3||x7||17:30 WET||84|
|12||Bluemoon Speedway Infield A||21-Aug||60||x3||x7||13:00||56|
|14||Tokyo South Inner Loop||4-Sep||35||x3||x7||18:00||97|
|17||Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa + Miyabi||2-Oct||32||x3||x7||15:30||135|
|19||Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps (WET)||16-Oct||28||x3||x7||20:30 WET||65|